I’m a fan of almost anything pumpkin flavored! This Sunday, enjoy the season with some healthy pancakes for brunch. Choose between the pumpkin spice pancakes or the endlessly customizable ‘special Sunday’ pancake recipe sent in by boot camper, Alyson Gore. (Thanks Alyson!)
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Serves: 10 pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 2 tbsp Stevia
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze
- Preheat griddle to medium heat.
- Mix oat flour, Stevia, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg in a bowl./li>
- Wisk egg whites and pumpkin. Mix in Almond Breeze.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray griddle with non-stick butter spray.
- Scoop batter with a 1/4 cup measuring cup onto griddle. Cook 3-5 minutes on a side.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top to finish
Per pancake: 64 calories, 1.3g fat, 9.5g carbs, 3.5g protein
Special Sunday Pancakes
This submission came from boot camper, Alyson Gore. She loves to have these pancakes on ‘special Sundays’. Not only are they easy to make, but they are gluten, soy, sugar, and dairy free. Plus, there are endless options for customizing this recipe to your tastes.
Serves: 9 pancakes
- 2 cups rolled oats (like Trader Joe’s gluten-free rolled oats)
- 2-2.5 cups of water
- 1 banana
- some berries (blueberry, chopped strawberries… any berry you choose)
- about 10 shakes of cinnamon (more or less to your liking)
- dash of vanilla extract
- Blend it up in blender
- Stir in some berries
- Grill them in a skillet with coconut oil
Per pancake: about 100 calories
Recipe by: Alyson Gore