Our favorite Paleo recipe maker, Juli Bauer won the ‘Best Treat Recipe-Online’ for these Sweet Potato Brownies in Paleo Magazine. She also won ‘Top Rated Food-Centered Blog’! Congratulations Juli!
Going paleo doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy brownies.
Sweet Potato Paleo Brownies
Time: 35 min prep, 30 min cook
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Time to bake that sweet potato. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, use a fork to puncture holes all around it, then throw in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees.
- Add the wet ingredients: coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and whisked eggs to the bowl and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips.
- Mix well to incorporate all that goodness.
- Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest to cool a bit.
- Eat them!
Recipes by: Juli Bauer at PaleOMG