Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 50 min
- 3 medium bananas, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded (about 2 cups)
For the frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) container of almond milk cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×4 loaf pan with oil then line the middle with parchment paper. It will make it easier to remove from the pan without it coming apart.
- In a food processor, pulse together bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs, and almond butter.
- Then add coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and pulse until completely combine.
- Pour batter into a large bowl and add the finely shredded carrots. Use a spatula to mix the batter with the carrots. Then pour the batter into the grease baking dish.
- Place in oven to bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle of the carrot loaf. Once completely cooked through, remove from oven, place on cooling rack and let rest until completely cool.
- Once you put the carrot loaf in the oven, place the room temperature almond milk cream cheese in a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment. Whip on high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides every 30 seconds. Add the maple sugar and vanilla extract and beat for another 2 minutes, until fully and combined. Place frosting in a closed container in the fridge to set until loaf is baked and completely cooled then use an offset spatula to frost the loaf before you slice up!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com