Here’s another sneak peak from Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook.
While we encourage you to be very selective about the caloric drinks you have, we also believe in a fun life with balance. So if you’re going to choose to drink alcohol we want you to really enjoy it!
Who doesn’t love a good margarita? Well, maybe not everybody. If you’re the type that doesn’t like your alcohol to taste like alcohol, then you’ll love this frozen mango margarita. This sweet margarita doesn’t smell or taste like poor tequila decisions. It tastes like summertime, patios, and laughter. Yep, that’s just what it tastes like. If you love fruity cocktails, you’re going to LOVE this one.
Frozen Mango Margaritas
For the rims of the glasses:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- coarse sea salt
For the margaritas:
- 1 cup frozen diced mango
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 4 ounces agave tequila
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- lime wedges, for garnish
- Place the 2 tablespoons of lime juice in one shallow bowl or plate and the salt in another. Press the rim of a glass in the lime juice, then in the salt to coat. Repeat with the second glass.
- In a blender, blend together the mango, 1⁄4 cup lime juice, tequila, and Grand Marnier until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Divide the frozen drink between the 2 glasses and serve garnished with lime wedges.
Recipe by: Juli at paleomg.com