How to get all the nutrients you need
You are focusing on eating clean and taking really good care of yourself. Make sure you cover all your bases.
Sometimes, it is not always practical to eat all of your essential nutrients, especially if you are decreasing your calories to lose fat. High quality supplements can be your best insurance to make sure you are not missing an important component to your success.
We stress the importance of quality here. The vitamin industry is not regulated and therefore we see shelves and shelves of vitamins that look like what we need. Unfortunately, many times they are not.
It’s not only important what is in the vitamin, but how well your body can absorb it. This is why we trust a few brands that we have researched and use ourselves.
Here are 3 essential supplements that we recommend
A multi-vitamin, essential fatty acids (fish oil) and whey protein powder. Here are some tips on finding a high quality supplement.
- vitamin/mineral formula containing about 100% of the U.S. Recommended Daily Allowances
- ensures an adequate intake of several micro-nutrients that are not always present in the diet in optimal amounts
- quality counts (ingredients and absorption)
Fish oil / Essential Fatty Acids
- must be molecularly distilled
- choose a brand that is pharmaceutical grade to ensure high quality to avoid mercury toxins
- enteric coated helps prevent aftertaste
- check with your doctor for prescribed dosage, usually 3g is a good place to start
- promotes fat loss by supporting healthy blood sugars, supports heart health, supports optimal joint comfort, supports mood balance and provides relief of PMS symptoms, contains over 47 times the antioxidant power of fish oil and lutein
- repair body after resistance workout
- quick and easy to digest
- healthy and convenient snack
- avoid harmful artificial sweeteners
- pharmaceutical quality whey protein naturally sweetened with stevia
Another important supplement that you may need if you are calcium deficient (women often are) is:
Calcium / Magnesium / Vitamin D
- essential to supplement if you are deficient in calcium
- calcium with magnesium is necessary for the development of strong bones, teeth, muscles, nervous system function and energy production
- vitamin D facilitates the transport of calcium through the bloodstream to the bones and assists in the retention of calcium
- quality is not usually an issue. We use Trader Joe’s.
Use these supplement to fill in the gaps in your nutrition plan to make sure you are getting all the essential nutrients you need for your health and to transform your body.