This recipe calls for a Vitamix.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 35 min
- 1 pie pumpkin (about 2lbs – 4 cups mashed)
- 1 (14 ounce) can of full fat coconut milk
- 16 ounces of chicken bone broth
- 1 package of (3 ounces) yellow curry paste
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- juice of 2 limes
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- handful of toasted cashews (or other nut you prefer), for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut cream, for garnish
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- chopped or torn basil, for garnish
- chopped mint, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut pumpkin in half and place cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until soft to touch. Flip over and remove seeds.
- Scoop pumpkin into large Vitamix container and add coconut milk, broth, curry paste, fish sauce, lime, ginger, and salt. Turn on soup button and let the Vitamix do the work. This will blend and heat through for about 5-6 minutes.
- While the Vitamix runs, toast cashews in a sauté pan for about 5 minutes, until fragrant and browned.
- Pour into bowls, add toasted cashews, a small spoonful of coconut cream, cilantro, basil and mint. Serve immediately.
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com