Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups worth)
- 2 english cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 2 yellow heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1½ cups full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 lemon grass stalk, hit with the back of a knife
- 5 lime leaves, rolled between fingers
- salt, to taste (I used a little under 1 teaspoon)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- For garnish
- lime slices
- green onions, sliced
- red jalapeños, sliced
- more red pepper flakes
- Blanch carrots. Once slightly cooled, place in a high speed blender with cucumber and tomatoes and blend until almost smooth. You will blend again so it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add the coconut milk, honey, fish sauce, garlic cloves, ginger, lime juice, lemon grass and lime leaves to the saucepan and whisk together. Let slowly come to a boil for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and strain to remove the garlic cloves and lemongrass, etc. Place the infused coconut milk into the blender along with salt and red pepper flakes and blend until completely smooth. I did this using my Blendtec and putting it on the soup function to make sure it got completely smooth.
- Place gazpacho in a large sealable bowl and into the fridge for an hour or so, until mixture is chilled. Serve garnished with lime slices, cilantro, green onions, red jalapeños, and more red pepper flakes for extra kick! If you are looking for a little protein, serve with some cooked and chilled shrimp!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com