Gardens are fresh in bloom and full of color and yumminess! This recipe is a clean version of original summer garden pasta made with traditional boxed noodles. Zucchini noodles offer great taste, and are wonderfully wholesome and guilt-free.
Don’t have a garden? No worries. Drop by your local farmer’s market to get ingredients.
Summer Garden Zucchini Pasta
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
For the Pasta
- 10 small sweet peppers
- 8 zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Handful of basil leaves
For the Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raw honey, melted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced, dried onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Crack of black pepper
For the Sprinkle Topping
- 3 Tablespoons blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Wash the peppers and grill until charred. Peel, seed and chop. Wash and halve the tomatoes. Chop the basil leaves.
Peel the zucchini. Use a spiral slicer to create long, thin strands.
- Gather the dressing ingredients. Mix together and toss with the noodles. Add the rest of the vegetables to the bowl.
- Combine the sprinkle topping ingredients in a skillet. Place over low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Once lightly browned, remove from heat. Sprinkle over the top of your pasta, as you would Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Per serving (¼ of the amount made): 307 calories, 18g fat, 577mg sodium, 31g carbs, 9g fiber, 9g protein
Recipe by: Diana Keuilian of realhealthyrecipes.com