Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
For the dressing
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt and pepper
For the salad
- 10 ounces baby arugula
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 container of almond milk cheese*
- Place bacon in a large pan and cook until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel then chop into small pieces.
- While the bacon is cooking, place arugula, avocado, strawberries, walnuts, and almond milk cheese in a large salad bowl.
- Once the bacon is cooked, you’ll want to have 3-4 tablespoons of rendered bacon fat left in the pan. With the pan over medium heat, whisk in the rest of the dressing ingredients into the pan.
- Bring to boil and let cook for 1 minute to thicken slightly.
- Pour dressing onto salad, toss and serve immediately. Keep any leftover dressing in an airtight container and reheat before serving.
*I used Kite Hill Truffle Dill Soft Cheese
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com