Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bundle asparagus, chopped
- juice of 2 lemons
- zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 package Cappello’s Fettuccine Pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Place olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook for another 3 minutes then add the asparagus and cook for about 6-8 minutes, until softened.
Place Cappello’s pasta in the pot for 90 seconds then drain.
Add lemon juice and zest along with the butter and olive oil. As the butter begins to melt, add the pasta, cherry tomatoes, basil and dill and toss to combine.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss once more. Garnish with red pepper flakes before serving.
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com