These samoa brownies are sweet, salty, crunchy, chocolatey…
Basically, they are everything that is right with this world. These brownies will never let you down, they’ll never disappoint you, they won’t talk back or criticize, they won’t judge. So honestly, you don’t need a significant other if you have these. But if you already have one, then make these for that person!
To complete this recipe with the Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce, you will need Juli’s Paleo Cookbook.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 55 min
- 1 batch PMS Brownies (I used this recipe) or Sweet Potato Brownies or Magic Brownies
- 1 batch Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce on page 250 in Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- couple pinches of flake or coarse sea salt
- Make brownies. Let brownies cool completely.
- Make caramel then set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spread shredded coconut on a baking sheet then bake for 5-8 minutes, until browned. Remove and let cool. In a large bowl, mix together all of the caramel and coconut until completely combine. Pour mixture on top of brownies and push down with a rubber spatula.
- Melt chocolate then use a spoon to cascade, yes I said cascade, the chocolate across the coconut caramel topping. Any design will do.
- Lastly, sprinkle a couple pinches of flake salt on top of the brownies, as much or as little as you like. But remember that these brownies totally deserve the salt, it brings the flavor to a whole new level!
- Store in fridge or freezer!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com