When it’s hot out, I crave ice cream! Problem is… most store bought ice cream will fill you full of sugar and calories and then let you crash down and feel lethargic. Who wants that…
Instead, try this ice cream recipe created by Juli at paleomg.com. It’s delicious!
Salted Raspberry Caramel Ice Cream
Serves: 1½ cups
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 cup heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup fine maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt (extra for garnishing)
- 1 10 ounce bag of frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Your choice of ice cream (I used Vanilla Coconut Bliss Ice Cream or you could make your own vanilla ice cream)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine cream, maple sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until completely combined.
- Bring to a boil, then set a timer for 12 minutes, being sure not to let the mixture boil over. After 12 minutes, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 more minutes or until the caramel coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat, let cool.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Add raspberries and honey. Mix for about 10 minutes until raspberries have completely broken down into a sauce. Place in a blender to puree then press puree through a fine mesh strainer using a spoon to get out all of the puree, leaving behind the seeds.
Pour the raspberry puree into the caramel sauce, place over medium heat and mix to combine and soften.
Pour raspberry caramel sauce over ice cream and top with coarse sea salt.
Recipe by: Paleomg.com