Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 6 oz whole wheat shaped pasta such as rotini
- 1 lb eggplant, cubed*
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1-1/2 TBSP EVOO, divided
- salt, to taste
- 2 TBSP tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- parsley for finishing (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Toss eggplant and zucchini with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and a few dashes of salt. Transfer vegetables to baking sheet and place in the oven. (You can peel the eggplant if you want (the skin can be a bit tough), but I chose to peel about half of it, leaving wide stripes. That way you get at least some of the fiber from the skin.)
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring once after 10 or 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing in the bottom of a large mixing bowl. Combine remaining olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, water, and garlic with a whisk. Add pasta once it’s cooked (and still hot!).
- Remove vegetables from oven and add to the mixing bowl with pasta and dressing. Stir well to coat with dressing. Serve warm or place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to serve chilled.
- Finish with parsley if using.
Per serving: 1/4th recipe (about 6.5 oz): 279 Calories, 10.7g fat, 1.6g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 38.3g carbohydrate, 6.7g fiber, 2.7g sugars, 9.7g protein
Recipes by: The Broccoli Hut