Prep Time: 8 hours
For the chia pudding
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter (or other nut or seed butter)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 6-8 mint leaves
For the parfait
- 10 ounces almond milk greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Blend all ingredients for the chia pudding, except for the chia seeds, in a blender until combine. Strain through a sieve to remove any excess mint leaves. Place the blended mixture into a resealable large jar then add chia seeds. Seal jar and shake extremely well.*
- Place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 3+ hours.
- The next morning, whisk together greek yogurt and honey.
- Layer the parfaits in a glass or jar with a little chia seed mixture, then yogurt, then cacao nibs, coconut and sliced almonds and repeat!
*I find that if I shake the chia seeds very well, put them in the fridge for 20-30 minutes then shake once more, this keeps the chia seeds from congealing.
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com