Kale is so fast, easy, nutrient-dense, and it takes on the flavor of whatever you add to it. This is how Juli from Paleomg.com makes kale.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 1 bundle of kale, washed and leaves removed from the stem, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- juice of ½ lemon
- Place bacon in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook bacon until crispy. Remove and set aside on a paper towel. Once cool, chop into small pieces. Turn heat down to medium-low.
- Thinly slice kale then place into the bacon fat. Cook low and slow for about 8-10 minutes, until the kale has softened and wilted. Add garlic and onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add lemon and toss to combined.
- Add bacon back to the pan with the kale and toss to incorporate the bacon throughout.
- Serve up, buttercup!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com