Crispy Chicken Dippers
This delicious paleo recipe has just 5 ingredients! Juli uses almond flour and coconut as a breading. The coconut adds a sweetness to the flavor. If you don’t like texture of coconut, try grinding it in a food processor before breading the chicken.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (your choice is size)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup almond flour
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil, for greasing pan
- Maple Mustard Paleo Chef Sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg. In another shallow bowl, mix together coconut, almond flour and salt.
- Dredge chicken strips in the whisked egg, then straight to the coconut mixture. Coat on all sides then place on a plate. Repeat with all chicken strips.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon or two to the pan. Once the pan is super hot, add the strips to the pan without crowding it. Cook for about 1 minute on both sides. You may need to do this in 2-3 batches depending how big the strips are.
- Place the strips on a cooling rack that has been placed on top of a baking sheet. This will help the chicken strips cook on both sides without getting soggy. If you don’t have a cooling sheet, you will just have to flip them half way through the baking.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes or until no pink remains inside the chicken.
- Let cool on baking sheet before serving. Dip them into maple mustard sauce!
For more great Paleo Recipes, visit Juli at Paleomg.com