These delicious cinnamon rolls are made only with wholesome ingredients.
Cinnamon is an amazing spice, for a number of reasons…
Reason #1) Cinnamon is equally delicious in savory dishes as it is in sweet. Add it to cookies or add it to a savory ground beef dish, both will blow your mind.
Reason #2) Cinnamon has a slew of health benefits ranging from lowering blood sugar to fighting off disease.
Reason #3) Cinnamon sprinkled on sliced apple with a dollop of almond butter makes a quick, tasty afternoon snack.
Reason #4) The most obvious reason to love cinnamon….You can’t have a Cinnamon Roll without it! And honestly, where would we all be if the world did not have cinnamon rolls?
I was waiting in line at IKEA for what seemed like an eternity last week and the sweet smell of those cinnamon rolls was very tempting! But – I knew they wouldn’t taste as good as they smelled so I jammed right out of there as soon as I made it through the check out.
The craving lingered though… so I found this grain and refined sugar free recipe for Paleo Cinnamon Rolls. To recreate the buttery, cinnamon goo, this recipe uses coconut oil, coconut crystals, golden raisins, chopped pecans and ground cinnamon… lots of ground cinnamon!
You’ll never need a traditional cinnamon roll after trying this recipe.
It can be a little tricky to get the hang of rolling out the dough and assembling the cinnamon rolls, so Chef Diana Keuilian also made this video to show you how. Enjoy!
Paleo Cinnamon Rolls
For the Dough
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 2 eggs at room temp
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
For the Filling
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
For the Glaze
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a pan with coconut oil.
- Combine the dry dough ingredients in a medium bowl and mix to remove any lumps. Combine the wet dough ingredients in another medium bowl and mix well. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix well. Chill the dough for 15 minutes.
- Cut two rectangular pieces of parchment paper and place the dough in between them. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough evenly into a large rectangle. Remove the top piece of parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the filing ingredients. Sprinkle the filling mixture over the flattened dough, then carefully roll it up. Use the bottom parchment paper to assist in rolling the dough, this works better than using your hands. Use a serrated knife to cut the roll into 9 pieces. Carefully place the pieces on your prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the glaze ingredients. Drizzle over the cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Enjoy!
Per serving: (Serving size: ½ roll) 251 calories, 17g fat, 71mg sodium, 21g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g protein
Recipe by: realhealthyrecipes.com