Brussels Sprouts and Spinach Truffle Frittata
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in fourths
- 5-6 cups fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado, to garnish
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add the bacon fat. Once pan is hot, add minced garlic, Brussels sprouts and a bit of salt and pepper. Let cook until browned on one side, then use a spatula or flip of the wrist to move the sprouts around.
- After about 5-6 minutes, add the spinach, cover to help steam and cook for about 3-4 more minutes until spinach is cooked down and soft.
- While spinach is finishing cooking, whisk your eggs in a large bowl, then add the truffle oil, garlic powder, paprika, and salt about pepper, along with the cooked spinach and brussels sprouts. Mix well.
- Pour into a cast iron skillet.
- Place in oven and cook for 15-18 minutes depending on the size of the skillet. You’ll know when the frittata is done cooking when you press on the middle and it pushes back a bit.
- Top frittata with a dribble more of truffle oil, avocado, and parsley. Love life.
Recipes by: Juli Bauer at PaleOMG