Juli at paleomg.com has some great spices to share with you. Primal Palate, has come out with their own spice and spice blend line. They have put together certified USDA-Organic, certified gluten-free, Kosher, Non-GMO, and Non-Irradiated spices that taste better than anything else on the market.
They have two different sets to choose from including their Healing Pack which includes garlic, ginger, oregano, and turmeric and their Signature Blends that includes Adobo Seasoning, Meat and Potatoes Seasoning, and Barbecue Rub. Or you can get all of them in their combo pack.
Asian Steak and Pear Salad
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 15 mins
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 pound hanger steak (or strip or skirt steak)
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
For the salad
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon Primal Palate Ground Ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon Primal Palate Granulated Garlic
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 asian pear, thinly sliced
- cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- Whisk together all ingredients for the marinade. Place steak in a shallow bowl or in a ziploc bag and pour marinade on top. Mix to coat, cover, and place in refrigerator to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, overnight is best.
- While meat marinates, place all ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, except for the olive oil, and whisk. While continuously whisking, pour olive oil in the bowl and whisk until completely combine. Set aside in a closed container in the fridge until needed.
- Once meat has marinated, place a grill pan over medium-high heat (you can also do this on a grill, i just don’t have one right now) and once the pan is hot, place meat on top to cook for 6 minutes per side (depending how thick your steak is), until medium rare in the middle. Set aside and cover with foil to let rest.
- On that same hot pan, add 2 tablespoons of ghee along with the shiitake mushrooms, sprinkle them with salt, pepper, ginger and garlic and sauté until soft and cooked through.
- Now to make the salad: place greens and cucumber in a large bowl, pour desired amount of dressing on top and toss to coat. Then thinly slice the steak against the grain, place on top of greens along with some thinly sliced pear and some cilantro. Then eat up!!
Recipe by: Juli at paleomg.com