Pizza for breakfast? All of your food dreams have come true, right?!? Serve it up – paleo style and enjoy a healthy dose of protein and fresh energy nutrients at the start of your day.
6 Ingredient Breakfast Pizza Baked Peppers
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- 1 pound ground italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 4-5 basil leaves, torn
- 6 eggs, whisked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 3 bell peppers, cut in half, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut bell peppers in half and place in an greased 8×8 rimmed baking dish cut side up. (If any of the bell pepper halves are leaving to the side, ball up a piece of aluminum foil and place it in the crevices to help keep them sitting up right – this will keep the egg mixture for pouring out).
- Place italian sausage in a medium pan over medium heat. Break up with a wooden spoon. Once browned, add chopped mushrooms and cook until soft. Lastly, add pizza sauce, basil and a bit of salt and pepper then mix to combine.
Whisk eggs in a large bowl then pour in italian sausage mixture and whisk to combine.
- Use a ladle to pour mixture into each pepper half.
- Place in oven to bake for 45-50 minutes, or until egg is completely cooked through and no jiggle remains.
- Let cool slightly before eating!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com