Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
For the Pad Thai Sauce
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
For the Slaw
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 english cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 fresno peppers, thinly sliced
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- pinch of salt and pepper
For the Lettuce Cups
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 pound deveined and peeled shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- Place all ingredients for the pad thai sauce into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Toss together all ingredients for the slaw. Set aside.
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat. Add ghee. Once heat, pat shrimp dry and sprinkle with salt. Place in pan to cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Be sure to not crowd the pan – you may have to work in batches. Set shrimp aside on a plate then add the red bell peppers and onion to the pan. Cook until onion is translucent and red peppers begin to brown, then add garlic cloves and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add shrimp back to the pan. Then add 1/2-3/4 of the sauce to the pan and toss until all shrimp are coated.
- Wash butter lettuce. Spoon a small amount of sauce into each lettuce cup, then a big scoop full of the shrimp mixture and top it all with some slaw!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com