Are you craving a bit of Chinese food? Enjoy this healthy alternative to the calorie-loaded take out options.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces peeled & de-veined shrimp, any size
- sesame seeds
- In a small skillet over medium heat, heat sesame oil and add minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute until softened.
- Add juice, vinegar, and soy sauce. Allow to cook for 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add broccoli and carrots. Allow to cook until slightly softened; they should still have vibrant color.
- Add shrimp to the pan, and cook for just a few minutes until pink. Be sure not to overcook, as they can turn rubbery easily.
- Remove pan from heat and serve over brown rice or zucchini noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Nutrition per entire recipe (not including rice or noodles): 301 Calories, 10.7g fat, 166mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 29.6g carbohydrate, 4.9g fiber, 18.3g sugars, 23.5g protein
Recipe by: The Broccoli Hut