The recipe for Orange Cashew Chicken is a flavorful and quick dinner recipe.
Chicken and veggies is one of the most classic and healthy things that we can serve for dinner. However, it can quickly grow boring. This recipe takes the refreshing flavor of orange and the comforting crunch of cashews to create one memorable chicken dinner.
Why get greasy take-out when you can enjoy this homemade savory-sweet chicken dinner? With the use of some fruit-only marmalade and coconut aminos, the chicken takes on that beloved orange chicken flavor.
Orange Cashew Chicken
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup fruit-only marmalade (St Dalfour is a good one)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup Honey Roasted Cashews
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper, cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from skillet, set aside on a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil to the skillet, add the bell pepper, onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes, until tender. Add the chicken, marmalade, hot sauce, coconut aminos and chicken broth. Mix well as the sauce thickens. Add the cashews and cook for another minute.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or quinoa and top with sliced green onions. Enjoy!
Per serving: 320 calories, 19g fat, 868mg sodium, 16g carbs, 2g fiber, 22g protein
Recipe by: Realhealthyrecipes.com