Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40 min
- 1 pound chorizo
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 eggs, whisked
- 2 (4 ounces) cans of mild diced green chiles
- hefty pinch of salt
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced into 4 slices
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- green onions, sliced, for garnish
- cilantro, diced, for garnish
- black pepper, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place an 8 inch seasoned cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and break into small pieces. Once halfway cooked through, add onion and garlic. Cook until brown and no pink remains.
Whisk together eggs, green chiles and salt.
- With the cast iron skillet over medium heat still, pour the egg mixture on top of the chorizo then let the mixture cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, place tomato slices on top and put into the oven to cook for 30 minutes, until the middle is no longer jiggly.
- Garnish with sliced avocado, green onions and cilantro and freshly cracked black pepper!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com