Cauliflower rice is a low calorie, high fiber side dish that goes well with so many dishes! Let’s face it though – cauliflower isn’t always that exciting – but add some kale and tomato – now you’re talking!
Kale and Tomato Cauliflower Rice
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 1 head cauliflower, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh kale, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons broth (chicken or vegetable)
- Wash the cauliflower, and cut into pieces small enough to fit through your food processor. Fit your food processor with a grating blade and run all of the cauliflower through it, to create small, rice-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a large skillet place the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the kale and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the shredded cauliflower, season with the salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Drizzle the broth over the rice mixture and cover. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add more salt and pepper as needed, and serve. Enjoy!
Per serving: 129 calories, 5g fat, 237mg sodium, 20g carbs, 7g fiber, 7g protein
Recipe by: Diana at Real Healthy Recipes