Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
For the sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle of coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
For the rice
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cubed into bize size pieces
- salt, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (12 ounce) package of cauliflower rice, defrosted
- green onions, diced, for garnish
- cilantro, roughly chopped, for garnish
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add all the ingredients for the sauce and whisk to combined. Let come to a low boil and reduce for about 10 minutes until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- While the sauce reduces, place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add ghee and once the pan is hot, add the chicken thighs. Sprinkle with a bit of a salt then cook until chicken is browned on all sides and no longer pink. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken then add the peppers and yellow onion along with a pinch more salt and garlic powder. Cook for about 10 minutes, until peppers are soft and onion is translucent.
- Once peppers are cooked through, add cauliflower rice and chicken back to the pan to cook for 3-5 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft.
- Lastly, add sauce to the pan. You can add however much you prefer, but I add about half of the sauce and save the rest for another night. Mix the sauce within the pan until mixture is coated. Then add green onions and cilantro. Serve up!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com