Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienne sliced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 lemongrass stalks, smashed with the back of a knife
- 2 lime leaves, rolled between fingertips to release fragrance
- ½ cup chicken bone broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced at an angle
- pinch of salt
- 3 zucchinis, peeled and made into noodles using a spiralizer
- ⅓ cup cashews, roughly chopped, for garnish
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped, for garnish
- lime wedges, for garnish
- Place ghee in the basin of the instant pot then press the sauté button. Once the ghee begins to melt, add the red and yellow bell pepper, carrot, onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the curry paste and coconut milk to the instant pot and mix to combine. Let simmer for about 5 more minutes, then add the coconut aminos, fish sauce, lime juice, lemongrass, lime leaves, chicken broth, then sprinkle the chicken throughout. Add a bit of salt before mixing thoroughly.
- Press the keep warm/cancel button then secure the lid, close off the pressure valve then press the Soup button. This will cook for 30 minutes once it comes up to pressure. Once the curry is done cooking, you can let it naturally release or do a quick release, then remove the lime leaves and lemongrass stalks and discard, and stir everything together.
- While the curry is cooking, peel and spiral the zucchini into noodles. Place between two paper towels, sprinkle with a bit of salt on top, then place something heavy like a cast iron skillet on top of the top paper towel to help pull out the excess liquid for about 10 or so minutes.
- Once the curry is done cooking and lemongrass/lime leaves have been removed, place instant pot back on the Sauté function, and add the zucchini noodles into the curry. Continually mix for about 8-10 minutes, until the curry has thickened by ⅓ and the zucchini noodles are cooked through.
- Scoop curry into bowls, garnish with cashews and cilantro and squeeze fresh lime juice on top!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com