Serves: 8 tacos
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
For the sauce
- 14 ounce can of whole tomatoes
- ½ cup green chile salsa
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ¼ white onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of salt
For the instant pot
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, sliced (I slice them thinner for quicker cooking)
salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
For the tacos
- coconut cassava tacos shells or my tortilla recipe on page 290 in Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook
- fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons minced white onion
- lime wedges
- Place all ingredients for the sauce in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place chicken in the basin of the instant pot, sprinkle salt and pepper on top then pour sauce on top, add bay leaf, then mix to combine everything together. Secure lid, close off pressure valve then press manual to high pressure and press the up button until the time hits 10 minutes. Once time is up, let pressure release slowly for 5 minutes then use the quick release to release the extra pressure.
- Open lid then remove bay leaf and use 2 forks or tongs to shred the chicken in the sauce within basin.
- To build your tacos: Place taco shell over gas stove top and cook for 15-20 seconds per side, until the edges begin to brown. Top the taco with chicken tinga, white onion, cilantro and squeeze fresh lime juice on top!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com