Prep time: 2 hours 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1⅕ pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ghee, for greasing grill
- crushed pink peppercorns, for garnish
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Press cubed chicken thighs onto metal skewers then place in a large baking dish. Sprinkle with salt on all the chicken skewers.
- Mix together mustard, honey, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Remove 2 tablespoons of the honey mustard and set aside (this will be used for topping the skewers after they are done cooking). Pour the rest of honey mustard on top of the skewers until they are completely covered. Cover the dish with foil and place in the fridge to marinate for 2+ hours.
- Once they are done marinating, heat up a grill or grill pan and grease with ghee. Remove skewers from marinate and grill on each side for 4-5 minutes, until no pink remains or meat has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Once meat is done cooking and still hot, use a basting brush to brush on the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey mustard that was set aside. Then sprinkle with crushed pink peppercorn and freshly chopped cilantro on top! Serve up
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com