Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 1 pound (or bundle) of thick asparagus
- 6 ounces prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Wash and dry asparagus. Wrap a piece of prosciutto around every piece of asparagus. Then push 4-5 asparagus spears onto 3-4 metal skewers (depending on how many pieces of asparagus).
- Place coconut aminos and balsamic vinegar in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Let come to a low boil and reduce down by half, until mixture is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Heat up a grill or grill pan and use a basting brush to brush olive oil on both sides of the prosciutto wrapped asparagus. Place skewers on hot grill and cook on both sides 5 minutes, until asparagus is slightly charred and soft.
- Drizzle reduced coconut aminos mixture over asparagus skewers then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com