Did you know that a Greek Salad can pack as much as 600 calories and 50 grams of fat? It’s easy to go overboard on the feta cheese, and olive oil – which will add a lot of extra calories. Often, people think that having a salad means they are eating healthy – but it’s not that simple. However, you can make this delicious low calorie version and enjoy!
While feta cheese is a source of protein, half a cup has 300 calories and 23 grams of fat. You can reduce the amount of feta cheese and lightening up the vinaigrette, to save almost 400 calories and 30 grams of fat.
For a more satisfying meal, you can top this salad with grilled chicken or tuna and get an extra boost of protein.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped Romaine
- 1/3 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 2/3 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 ounce feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
- Place chopped Romaine in the bottom of serving plate.
- Top lettuce with remaining ingredients.
Recipes by: Caroline at The Broccoli Hut