Serves: 4 skewers
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 4 min
- 1 pound wild caught shrimp (20 count), uncooked, deveined, peeled, with tails left on
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Place shrimp in a dish in one layer.
- Whisk together all the rest of the ingredients (except for the cilantro) then pour mixture over the shrimp. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for 3+ hours.
- Place 5 shrimp on 4 metal skewers then heat grill or grill pan to a medium-high heat and grease to keep the shrimp from sticking.
Once grill is hot, place skewers on grill then use a basting brush to baste the shrimp in the marinating liquid while they cook. Cook for 2 minutes per sides, until pink and tender.
Squeeze fresh lime juice on top and garnish with cilantro!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com