Why do we share margarita recipes?
Let me preface this by saying, if your goal is to lose weight quickly, stop drinking. If your goal is to have a healthier option for a cocktail on your fun day, then here ya go! I’m a big believer in limiting alcohol, but I’m also a big believer in still enjoying your life. That’s why I post these cocktails for you, so you still have options!
This Saturday, Bootique Does Happy Hour!
All friends and family are welcome to join us at the Patio on Goldfinch in Mission Hills this Saturday, June 18th from 4-6. When you partake in libations or not, we’d love to see you and help you get to know your fellow Bootique’ers. See details on Facebook.
Frozen Strawberry Pineapple Margaritas
Prep Time: 10 min
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup silver agave tequila, divided
- ½ cup lime juice, divided
- 4 ounces Grand Marnier, divided (optional – it’s great without it)
- 2 heaping tablespoons agave nectar, divided
- Just FYI- you don’t have to blend these ingredients separately. You can blend them all together if you don’t care about the swirl look. It’s totally up to you! And if you don’t want your margaritas very strong, feel free to use less tequila and add in a bit of orange juice to make up for the liquid.
- Place frozen strawberries, ½ cup tequila, ¼ cup lime juice, 2 ounces Grand Marnier, and 1 tablespoon agave nectar in a blend and blend until completely smooth. Pour mixture into 2 large margarita glasses or 4 small ones.
- Rinse blender out then place frozen pineapple and all the rest of the tequila, lime juice, grand manner and agave nectar in the blender and blend until smooth. Top each margarita glass with the pineapple mixture and use a straw to swirl the mixture.
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com