Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 15 min
For the slaw
- 1/4 purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 bundle of radishes, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
For the “peanut” sauce
- 2 tablespoons high heat avocado oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon sunflower seed butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon coconut vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of 1/2 lime
- pinch of salt
For the coconut aminos sauce
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
For the halibut
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 4 halibut filets
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- sliced almonds, for garnish>/li>
- Thinly slice all the veggies for the slaw and place in a large bowl.
- In a small blender, blend together all the ingredients for the “peanut” sauce. Once smooth, pour over veggies and use tongs to toss until completely covered in sauce. Set aside.
- In medium to large sauté pan over medium heat, add the ingredients for the coconut aminos sauce and whisk to combined. Bring to a low boil and let reduce by almost half until thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- While the coconut amino sauce reduces, place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add ghee. Once hot, top halibut filets with garlic powder and salt. Place flesh side down in pan and cook for about 5 minutes before flipping and cooking 5 more minutes on skin side.
- Once halibut is flaky, remove from heat, place on top of slaw, then top the filet with a spoonful of the coconut amino sauce. And top with a little extra cilantro and sliced almonds!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com