Yields 9-10 muffins
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 1 container (5.3 ounces) dairy-free greek yogurt*
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon black cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with parchment muffins liners and spray with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, eggs, almond milk, maple sugar, and vanilla extract until completely combined. Then sift together cassava flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Once sifted, add to the large bowl with the greek yogurt mixture. Use a spatula to mix until completely and smooth then fold in chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into 11-12 greased muffin liners. Then place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out cleans.
- Eat up! If you do not eat these all in one day (well, hats off to you), I recommend reheating these before eating to make sure they are just as delicious as the day you made them!
*I used Kite Hill Almond Milk Greek Yogurt, but you could also use a cashew milk or coconut milk yogurt.
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com