Yum! Ro made these for us. They are delicious. The next time you’re craving fries, enjoy these instead.
Dill Butternut Squash Fries
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
- 1 large butternut squash (about 2 pounds/860 grams)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
- salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bottom off of the butternut squash so you have an easy cutting surface. Use a sharp knife or a peeler to remove the skin of the butternut squash. Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds, and cut into fry-size strips.
- Toss the fries in a large bowl with the coconut oil, dill, and salt. Place fries on the prepared baking sheet, making sure not to overlap in order to keep the fries cooking evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Remove from the baking sheet and place on a cooling rack to help retain their crunch. Eat while still warm.
Recipe by: Juli Bauer at paleomg.com