Sunday brunch never tasted so good! These delicious dark chocolate pancakes are made with high protein and topped with fresh strawberries. Trade in the muffins and donuts for a breakfast that will satisfy your hunger and your cravings! They are sweet enough that you won’t even need any syrup.
Dark Chocolate Pancakes
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 ounce chocolate protein powder
- 1 TBSP unsweetened dark cocoa powder*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 TBSP ground flax seeds
- 1 packet stevia
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- unsweetened shredded coconut, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, flax, stevia, cocoa, and protein powder. Stir to distribute ingredients evenly.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together egg whites and almond milk. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Gently stir in half of the strawberries. Allow to sit for a few minutes to allow the flax to absorb the liquid.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto cooking surface and add a small amount of chocolate chips. Cook until small bubbles begin to form on the outer edges. Flip and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Repeat until no more batter remains.
- Place pancakes on serving plate and sprinkle with remaining strawberries and toppings of choice.
Note: *Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder is great but you can use regular unsweetened cocoa powder.
Per serving: 313 Calories, 6.2g fat, 709mg sodium, 37.8g carbohydrate, 9.6g fiber, 10.6g sugars, 35.7g protein
Recipes by: Caroline, BroccoliHut