I love substituting spaghetti squash for pasta. Who needs all those carbs and the heavy feeling you get after eating regular pasta.
This one is going to take a little more time to prepare, but it’s totally worth it. Try it on a weekend when you have a bit more time to hang in the kitchen.
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces of sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced small
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- ½ – 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- sprinkle of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and place face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until threads are easily removed from squash.
- Place a large saute pan over medium- low heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil (I used the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar and 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan. Once warm, add garlic cloves and shallots. Cook until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove mixture, set aside on a plate, then add chicken, sprinkle with salt, red pepper flakes, and basil and brown on all sides.
- Once browned, about 6-8 minutes, add sun-dried tomato mixture back into the pan. Pour in coconut milk and broth and add about 1 teaspoon salt. Mix well.
- Add in spaghetti squash threads and mix until well combined. Turn heat to low and let simmer for about 8-10 minutes, or until mixture reduces and thickens. Taste to see if you would like to add more salt.
- Toast pine nuts in a small saute pan over medium heat until fragrant and golden.
- Garnish pasta dish with pine nuts, parsley, and a bit of black pepper. Serve!
Recipe by: Palomg.com