Protein is an essential breakfast ingredient
Prep Time: 8 hours
- ½ cup brewed coffee, chilled
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon chia seeds
For the toppings
- sliced banana
- some sort of paleo granola (or just chopped nuts)
- my Raspberry Blueberry Jam
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- other toppings that would be great: chocolate chips, fresh berries, chopped dates, or nut butters
- almond milk
- Blend brewed coffee, almond milk, almond butter, vanilla extract, protein powder, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a blender.
- Place the blended mixture into a resealable large jar (or 2 smaller jars) then add chia seeds. Seal jar and shake. Place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 3+ hours.*
- Pour chia seeds in a shallow bowl. (I heated mine up in the microwave for about 30 seconds because I wanted that warm porridge feel – but you don’t have to heat yours up if you don’t prefer) and top with banana, granola, jam, coconut flakes and almond milk.
Notes from Juli:
*When I make chia seed pudding, I find that after I shake it then put it in the fridge for 1 hour, if I go back and shake it once more, it doesn’t separate into a gelatinous mixture.
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com