Juli has designed another delicious Paleo treat. These muffins come with an nice jolt of espresso!
Chocolate Chip Espresso Banana Bread Muffins
Serves: 12 muffins
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
- 3 brown bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee grounds
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- organic powdered sugar or powdered maple sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs, and almond butter.
- Then add coconut flour, instant coffee, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into 12 muffin cups and place in oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from muffin cups. Garnish with powdered sugar.
Recipe by: Paleomg.com