Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 45 min
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the cornbread crust
- 2 cups Nuts.com Paleo Baking Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup melted ghee
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
For the toppings
- almond milk greek yogurt
- lime juice, to taste
- pinch of salt
- cilantro, for garnish
- green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking dish (around 9×12 size)
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add ghee and then sauté the onion and peppers until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes. Then add garlic cloves and ground beef. Break ground beef into small pieces and cook until browned.
- Once beef is browned, add spices, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and salt and pepper. Mix to combined, turn heat down to medium low to thicken.
- While the chili reduces, make the toppings. In a large bowl, use a spatula to combine baking flour, baking soda, salt, eggs, ghee, honey and almond milk until completely combined.
- Pour chili into greased baking dish, smooth out, then use a large spoon to scoop the “cornbread” topping evenly throughout the dish to cover the chili completely.
- Place in oven to bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Mix together Greek yogurt, lime juice and salt. Top casserole with the greek yogurt, cilantro and green onions before serving!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com