Want to whip up a simple and delicious meal for yourself tonight? This vegetarian chickpea curry will do the trick. The recipe is designed for 1 but you can easily adjust it for company or to make extra leftovers for your lunch tomorrow. Enjoy!
Easy Chickpea Curry
Time: 20 min
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 small onion, diced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 3/4 cup canned (no-salt-added) chickpeas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk (like SO Delicious)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- salt, to taste
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onions to the pan and cook until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add green beans and carrots. Allow to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, coconut milk, and spices. Allow to simmer until coconut milk has thickened to desired consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Top with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve with warm naan or pita.
Recipe by: Caroline at The Broccoli Hut