Prep Time: 15 min
- 2 (14 ounce) cans of full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup maple sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ vanilla bean, slit down the middle and seeds removed with the back of a knife
- 12 ounces frozen cherries, defrosted, drained and halved
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Whisk together coconut milk, maple sugar, vanilla extract and vanilla bean for the ice cream. Pour ice cream mixture into ice cream maker then follow the directions for that specific ice cream maker.
- Once ice cream begins to thicken, about 10 minutes, pour the cherries and chocolate chunks into the ice cream mixture to mix into the ice cream. Once completely combine, turn off ice cream maker and pour the ice cream into the loaf pan.
Serve immediately for soft serve style ice cream or place in freezer to set for 2-3 hours before serving. Let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes so the ice cream is easily scoopable
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com