Pork fried rice is one of the most common take-out orders. Unfortunately, this is not traditionally a healthy dish. However, Juli at paleomg.com has made a new paleo version and cleaned up this recipe so that you can enjoy it without all the extra calories. Have you tried cauliflower rice yet – it’s incredible!
Char Siu Fried “Rice”
Prep time: 12 hours 50 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 batch of Char Siu, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets and riced*
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- First, make Char Siu then cut into pieces.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of ghee and eggs, sprinkle with salt, and scramble eggs until soft and fluffy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of ghee along with onion, pepper, and carrot and sauté until veggies become soft, about 8 minutes. Then add riced cauliflower along with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until cauliflower begins to soften.
- Lastly, add coconut aminos, green onions, and Char Siu pieces to the pan, mix with vegetables and cook for about 3-5 more minutes then serve immediately!
Notes: *to rice cauliflower, run florets through food processor using the shredding attachment OR using a grater
other additional add-ins: peas, water chestnuts, mushrooms, broccoli
Recipe by: Juli at paleomg.com