Bake ahead and eat on the run! These egg cups are perfect for that. They last about 5 days.
Sausage Egg Cups
Serves: 4 (2 egg cups per serving)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
- 2-3 chicken sausage, cooked and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook sausage until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, add sausage, red bell pepper, yellow onion, eggs, garlic cloves, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Use a ladle to pour mixture into 8-10 muffin tins. (If you use a silicone muffin tray, you do not have to grease it. If you are using a regular metal pan, thoroughly grease all of it or use muffin liners.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish with avocado
Recipe by: Juli Bauer at paleomg.com