Sometimes you just need a treat. Rather than going for that store bought ice cream filled with things you can’t pronounce, try Juli’s paleo style recipe.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 (14 ounce) full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces blackberries
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Place coconut milk, maple sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 8-10 minutes to reduce and thicken slightly. Remove from heat and place in fridge to cool for an hour or longer until completely cold.
- While the ice cream mixture cools, place blackberries in a small saucepan and cook for about 10 minutes, using a spatula to break the blackberries down into smaller bits. Let cool.
- Pour cooled mixture into ice cream maker and follow directions for that specific ice cream maker. Once mixture has churned and thickened, add blackberry mixture and cacao nibs.
- Now you can eat it as soft serve or place the soft serve ice cream into a bread pan and place in the freezer to harden for 2-3 hours. Remove from freezer about 20 minutes before serving, then scoop and serve!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com