Diana Keuilian loves to enter the kitchen without a recipe – just an idea in her mind about what she wants to make. In this case, she created a delicious paleo cookie that you are going to love.
Best Paleo Cookies Ever
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
For the Dark Chocolate:
- ¾ cup dark chocolate 73% cocoa or higher
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the shredded coconut, almond flour and sea salt. In another medium bowl combine ½ cup melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract and beaten eggs. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix.
- Form round, golf-ball sized, balls with the cookie dough. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool for 20 minutes then place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler. Simply place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan and place that into a larger saucepan that has a couple of inches of water over medium heat. Mix constantly until smooth.
- Dip the chilled cookies in the melted, dark chocolate, then place on a parchment lined plate. Drizzle dark chocolate across the tops of the cookies. Place back in the fridge until the chocolate hardens — about 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Per serving: 103 calories, 15g fat, 20mg sodium, 8g carbs, 3g fiber, 2g protein
Recipes by: Diana Keuilian at realhealthyrecipes.com