The concept of eating a big bowl of noodles without any of the calorie and carb repercussions is too sweet to pass up. You may have heard of zucchini noodles… Just wait until you try these asparagus noodles!
This recipe suggests cooking the asparagus noodles for 2 minutes, to get them a warm and tender, however it would be delicious raw as well.
Give this recipe a try for truly guilt-free noodle eating.
Asparagus Noodles With Lemon and Dill
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 2 mins
- 1 bunch thick asparagus spears
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
For the Dressing
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon raw honey, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Dash black pepper
- Wash the asparagus spears. Resist the urge to chop off the tough stalks, these are your handles! Cut off the asparagus tips and save. Hold onto the tough stalks and use a vegetable peeler to peel long asparagus noodle strands into a large bowl. Mix in the fresh dill.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the asparagus noodles. Sauté for 2 minutes then remove from heat. If you’d like, sauté the asparagus heads by throwing them in the pan after 1 minute. Toss with the dressing.
- Serve the noodles warm and garnish with fresh dill. Enjoy!
Per serving: (Serving size: ½ the Amount Made) 117 calories, 7.5g fat, 146.5mg sodium, 12.5g carbs, 4.5g protein
Recipe by: realhealthyrecipes.com