Try this great PALEO dish from our friend Juli at Paleomg.com
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min
- 4 eggs, boiled and peeled, sliced*
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boiled and shredded*
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can of full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons ají amarillo paste
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- ¼ cup mayo
- fresh cilantro, to garnish
- other garnishes: rice or cauliflower rice, olives, or walnuts
Boil eggs the Ina Garten way: Place the eggs in a saucepan and add enough cold water to cover. Bring the water to a boil and immediately turn off the heat. Let the eggs sit in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove the eggs to a bowl and allow to rest for at least 2 minutes. When the eggs are cool enough to handle, crack the eggs on each side and then roll them back and forth with your hand, breaking up the shell. Remove and discard the shell. Place in fridge to cool.
- Boil chicken – place chicken in a saucepan and cover chicken with water. Place lid on saucepan and place over medium heat to cook for about 20 minutes or until the chicken easy shreds apart, about 165-170 degree internal temperature. Shred chicken with two forks and set aside for later.
- Rinse out saucepan and place peeled potatoes in the pan and cover with water. Place lid on saucepan and place back over medium heat to cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat. Add ghee to the pan along with onion and garlic. Cook until onion becomes translucent, about 2 minutes, then add the turmeric and cumin and mix until spices become fragrant.
- Add coconut milk along with the ají paste and a pinch of salt and black pepper and whisk together until completely combine. Let simmer and reduce for about 10 minutes. It should reduce by about ⅓, remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes. Add the mixture to a high speed blender then add in the mayo and blend for about 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into the saute pan over medium heat then add in the shredded chicken and mix to combine and let simmer for about 3 more minutes to heat through.
- Serve the chicken with fresh cilantro on top and sliced eggs and potatoes on the side. I also listed other sides that go great with this dish! Feel free to play around with it yourself!
*If you can boil the eggs and chicken (separately) ahead of time, this will save you a ton of time later on! Just store them in a sealed container in the fridge until you are ready to make the whole dish!
Recipe by: Juli at Paleomg.com