Stress is a part of life. You can do everything in your power to eliminate unnecessary stress, but as life happens so will stress. But, just because it’s a normal part of life doesn’t mean you have to cave to it. There are many ways to bust stress and regain your center in life. These next small and simple tips will help you relieve stress and get things accomplished as well. Why not kill two birds with one stone?
Here are 7 of our favorite methods to relieve stress.
- Take a walk – This can be an instant stress reliever. Whether you need a break from the office, or some asylum from the everyday chaos of your home, walking can do wonders to clear your mind and offer some peace that will help center you. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s a great source of exercise as well.
- Call a friend – Why not catch up on some good girl talk? We all have that friend who is funny, witty and a ball of energy. Even if you give them a ring for a few minutes, that can be all you need to perk up. Tales of their day, what’s going on in their lives, or simply recounting shared moments can help you relax. You know you need to catch up with old friends anyway, so why not take the opportunity to, again, kill two birds with one stone?
- Write in a journal – Writing can be so cathartic. Expressing exactly what you feel, when you feel it can be a great release and just might keep you from unloading on others. Keeping a journal is a good way to get your feelings out in a neutral way. And, it can be quite freeing that when you write a personal journal you don’t have to worry about what others think or say; you can just let the words come. By the time you’re done writing, those feelings will be on their way out of your system and the stress will be on its way out too.
- Play a board game – Remember these? You might have some games lying around that need to be dusted off and played. If you don’t, you can hit the library to check out a few board games for the night. Unless you have time to spare, Monopoly probably shouldn’t be the game of choice. But quick kid games like Candy Land, Trouble, Connect Four, or even Twister are always good for a smile and some good times.
- Work up a sweat – Exercise is the premiere way to relieve stress. I know, I know. But, it’s definitely true. There’s no better way to get rid of your anxieties and stresses than by exercising. A workout tape, bike ride or jump rope session can have you stress-free in no time. Besides, you’ll be too busy in your workout to worry about anything bothering you. As an added tip, picture the stress leaving your body through your pores and through every breath.
- Plan something fun – Fun in the San Diego sun is a nice way to enjoy nature and gain some peace of mind. Sometimes taking a day trip or planning a weekend get-away is just what the doctor ordered to make stress disappear. So book that hotel room for the night, meet the girls out at that new restaurant you’ve always wanted to try and make that time your time to unwind.
- Take a hot bath – Grab some lavender bubble bath, and run a warm or hot bath. Bring in your iPod and listen to some jazz or music of your choice and ask Calgon to take you away. Well, that reference is pretty old, but the sentiment is timeless. Create a spa atmosphere in your bathroom and let the stress of the day melt away.
Life is full of stressors, but the doesn’t mean you need to get bogged down with stress. Use these stress relieving ideas to take the edge off and relax a while.